As anticipated it mostly came down to how entertaining the two Rumbles were. Both delivered and that made for a great show.
The Rousey discussion has gotten out of hand so that will be tackled in a separate piece here.
- The Women's Rumble as the main event was a nice touch for two reasons:
- It was a historic moment that deserved that shine.
- This one was the one that had the big angle to close the show. Nak winning was a great moment, but wouldn't have been better as a show-closer than the Women's Rumble.
- The right guy won the Royal Rumble. I (sort of) joked that the only reason I had an issue with Nakamura winning was I didn't want to see that crowd in Philadelphia happy. Regardless it was the right call, and delivered a great moment in front of that crowd.
- Universal Title match was perfectly fine in a demolition derby sort of way.
It had a few things working against it for me though.
- While I respect Kane, I don't really want to see him wrestle anymore and especially not in a spot like that.
- It was obvious he was there to take the fall, and that was smart. Back to point 1 though, no real interest in that.
- Honestly, I'm still hung up to a degree on the No Mercy match between Brock and BRAUN. *Thanks to Colvin (@themattcolvin on Twitter) for catching my error, I said Great Balls of File originally.*
- As far as it relates to Brock, I really want to see him and Roman one-on-one at Mania 34 and that's about it.
- That said, I'm not complaining about the match. That's just kind of what it had working against it.
- WWE Title Handicap match was executed better than I feared, but it shouldn't have been booked. Felt like a huge waste of AJ Styles on a big card, but I will get over it.
- I liked a 2 out of 3 falls match ending in two straight falls. Fully expected Jey Uso to eat two pins and them drop the titles to Gable and Benjamin. Glad I was wrong because I love The Usos.
- Raw Tag Title match was a mess. Figure it's another step towards splitting Jordan and Rollins, but it was sad watching The Bar (who I like) winning the straps to deafening silence.
Good work out of WWE.