First off, Norko and I will be attending next Monday's RAW from Philip's Arena in ATL. It should be a great show with it being the last one before WrestleMania. The Rock being in the building never hurts either.
As for last night's show:
- Punk/Jericho: Brilliant delivery from both guys. Jericho was very believable in his apology. Punk anger before and after Jericho's comments seemed legitimate. I think that bleeping the language when Punk reacted to Jericho actually enhanced the angle. In some ways I am actually more excited about this "Best in the World" feud than I am Cena/Rock.
- Cena/Rock: The Rock delivered a solid promo that was entertaining and underscored why beating Cena meant something to him. Cena had a heck of a showing with the impressive looking AA on Mark Henry. Henry himself looked good in defeat. The Rock coming down to deliver the Rock Bottom on a recovering Mark Henry to send a message? I liked it. Good night for this angle after some clunkers on the Road to WrestleMania.
- Rhodes/Big Show: Nice clips of the Big Show's previous WrestleMania efforts. Cody getting the best of Show was a nice visual. I feared they'd have Show break the cuffs and chase down Cody. When Show had trouble getting up I was impressed they let Cody get the best of him like that. I thought that was really nicely booked.
- Santino/Otunga: The posedown was fun. Having a champion lose cleanly after suffering an injury in a posedown is a microcosm of what is wrong with WWE booking as it relates to champions. It's also why I favor keeping belts out of the hands of comedy acts no matter how over they are.
- Bryan/Ryder: Nice convincing win for the champion over a guy that WWE fans like for whatever reason.
- Ziggler & Swagger/R-Truth & Kofi: I like the idea of Swagger and Ziggler joining Team Johnny as it makes perfect sense. I would rather see these teams squaring off for the Tag Titles however especially had they been given some convincing wins to this point.
- Miz/Sheamus: Sensible way to keep Sheamus looking strong while continuing to sell the Miz and his reversal of fortunes since last WrestleMania.
That's all I really want out of a wrestling program.