This isn't really news to any wrestling fans by this point in the day, but I did want to give a couple of thoughts about each of the releases announced today.
- Chris Masters--I figure this is the one that would bother the most people. Masters has been somewhat of an IWC darling since he returned to WWE. I thought the old MasterLock Challenge was lots of fun back in the day, but it never really seemed like he was going anywhere.
- DH Smith--Had WWE wanted to get serious about a legitimate tag team division, I really thought he Hart Dynasty was the way to do it. Of course WWE seems to hate tag team wrestling and the Harts got lost in the shuffle. Last time I saw Smith was when he walked down as a lumberjack at WrestleMania 27 wearing a cowboy hat. I wish they had gotten serious about a Hart Dynasty push, but by this point I can completely understand this.
- Vladimir Kozlov--He never did anything for me. His unorthodox style was boring. His comedy pairing with Santino was a piss break for me during RAW. The fact that he held the tag gold with Santino is an absolute joke.
- Melina--Her look goes completely against my "natural woman" bias. Her face goes completely against my anti-beastiality bias. I mean Sarah Jessica Parker thought she had a horse face, but her ring entrance was a thing of legend. Perhaps if she hadn't, allegedly, been such a pain in the ass through her entire WWE stint she might be around. I'm curious as to what this does with John Morrison's WWE stay too.
- Gail Kim--She quit. She was pretty botchamatic during her return to the E from what I understand.